I’ve had an idea and I want to see how it flies.
My Domme Chronicles book has been out for nearly a year now (I know, that’s AGES!!). It’s selling, but it’s hardly setting the world on fire. This is not surprising to me: I’ve done no marketing because I don’t have the appetite for that sort of self promotion, so any sales have been pretty much word-of-mouth. So I was mulling over how to make it more accessible while studiously ignoring that marketing elephant in the room.
As far as e-books go, mine is at a pretty premium price at about $5.99. It has some 460+ pages of content, so it’s pretty hefty, but still. I know that a lot of you have bought it (thank you so much!! *smile*), but I also think that a lot of people are hesitant to spend that much on an e-book, and fair enough.
On my path to converting everyone to femdommery and ensuring world domination, this is a barrier.
So, I’ve had this cunning plan to keep the original as-is, but to also re-release the content in three smaller, cheaper volumes of about 150 pages each. Most authors do it the other way (release a number of volumes, then do a ‘Collected Works’), but I’m hardly conventional.
So on the e-shelf would be:
- Domme Chronicles: Erotic tales of love, passion, & domination (original, full collection)
- Domme Chronicles: Erotic tales of love, passion, & domination Volume 1
- Domme Chronicles: Erotic tales of love, passion, & domination Volume 2
- Domme Chronicles: Erotic tales of love, passion, & domination Volume 3
- Cheaper to buy a single volume so people will be more likely to take a risk
- Less daunting content (468 pages is a bit full-on for an e-book)
- Opens up opportunities for heavy discounts on Volume 1 so people can see if they like it
- If they like it, they can either buy further volumes, or buy the full collection (i.e. the original)
- Dilutes the appeal of the full book which makes me sad
- I can’t really think of any others
- Release Volumes 1, 2 and 3 on the anniversary of the original book release (Dec 15th)
- Price them at $2.99 each
- Offer Volume 1 at 99c (holy fuck I’m a bargain basement Domme!!) at launch to anyone who pre-orders
(re this, if I get a decent number of pre-orders, upon launch there will be a sales jump and this makes it more visible on Amazon search and makes it turn up on ‘recommended’ lists which means wider reach)
I’d like to gauge interest in the idea, so I’d appreciate it if you could let me know what you think (ooh look, a poll!):
**Poll now closed, results below**
And of course I’d appreciate hearing your further thoughts in the comments.