When I went looking around for information/stories/porn around female dominant/male submissive relationships, I could find precious little out in the webosphere that actually reflected my experience, that made me go ‘me too!’, that described how I saw it, felt it, how I knew it could be. I found it frustrating that even the ‘real life’ writings seemed to be about one dimensional Dommey McDomme finding ways to ‘punish’ her lowly minions. Grrrr…
I wanted to read about real people living in happy, healthy, troubled, flawed, loving D/s relationships where the Domme’s submissive was her primary partner, where he was cherished, adored, and opened up like a ripe peach for the taking. I wanted incredible hotness and sex and affection and beauty. I wanted hurt hearts and struggles and magic moments and some truth that I could relate to. I couldn’t find it, so I created it.
I would be lying by omission if I didn’t also admit that I am a writing attention-whore. My blog gives me a space to pimp my writing out, to put it out there on the street corner, wearing a thong, suspenders and a top hat, and always, fabulous killer heels!
Getting feedback, having a dialogue with readers, the goodness that I get back from feeling this sense of community in my little corner of the blogosphere cannot be overstated. My readers often make me laugh, they move me, they teach me, it is wonderful. And sometimes, when I get a note from a young Domme saying ‘you made it easier to be me’, or from a new submissive expressing relief that he doesn’t have to be ‘that worthless worm guy’, I swear that I bounce around doing air punches and going ‘Yessssss!!!!’. It is happy-making to the nth degree.
Yeah yeah, blah blah, that doesn’t tell me anything about you!
Geez… fine… The obligatory ten things about me:
- I wrote some books: Hot femdom erotica and a ‘How To’ Femdom Series and more – Sharyn Ferns: Femdom Author! Go take a look.
- I’m a first generation Australian born of Dutch-Indonesian migrant parents, and never spoke any English until I went to school.
- The above often makes people think I am a tiny Asian woman (Dutch, people, DUTCH!).
- I’m 5’10, slim, blonde (yeah, I know… hubba hubba!).
- I have a thing for beautiful shoes. To me, they are like wearable art. I like how they look, I like how they make me aware of my body, I like how they make my hips swing when I walk.
- I post pretty prolifically on Fetlife where I say thoughtful and interesting things, and on Twitter where I say the not-thoughtful and not-interesting things.
- I am impressively lazy, truly, it is one of my most endearing traits.
- I have travelled some. Where to? I’m glad you asked! Here and here.
- Champagne is my favourite drink (Ruinart, followed by Mumm, then Veuve Clicquot, just in case you are planning to buy me some).
- I’m (still) single, and have posted a personal ad for submissive boys which is (shockingly) STILL valid. I’m open to sexy, attractive, intelligent, funny, emotionally healthy boys sidling up to me and being courageous enough to smile shyly in my direction.
- I’m smart, but not as smart as I think I am.
- I did a couple of interviews for Masocast because it’s all about me, you know!:
– First Masocast interview
– Second Masocast interview
- I create a podcast on a completely random schedule, so if you want to hear a Domme talking to herself in an Australian non-accent, get it here or just listen here on my blog. I’ll talk to you on the podcast if you Ask Me to.
- I can’t count to ten.
Oh, and if you are a new and unsure submissive exploring the BDSM world for the first time, welcome!! And please, please, read this advice… it’s short, and useful, and the wimmins will love you for knowing it.
Do you want to know why I think submissive men are beautiful? I created a celebration of the beauty of submissive men to show you, go and take a look.
One of my other favourite projects on this blog is a collection of happy femdom stories contributed by generous readers. I will always want more of these, so if you would like to tell your story, please read about the project here!
Not enough secrets about me? Well then, you will have to do a bit of work for more. I have created an About Me label to categorise all the blog posts that tell you some of my secrets… that makes up for me not actually writing more useful stuff here, right? Of course it does!