A very un-PC Merry Christmas everyone, and a huge thank you to all of you who have become part of my little corner of the internet. To all of you who have shared so generously with me by reading, with comments that have been encouraging and funny and hot, with emails that have provided me with food for thought and space to rant, I wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday.
In the next few days, I will be moving this blog to my own domain.
Exciting!! And scary!
I have exhaustively tested what the impact will be, but I am not to be trusted, so we will see soon enough. This is what I expect:
Bookmarks and such
- You will be redirected manually for a very short while (i.e. you will have to click a button), then you will be redirected automatically soon after that, so you will go straight to the new site
- Your bookmarks will still work due to the auto-redirection, but best to update them in case I make further changes
Feed reader links (RSS feeds etc)
- Existing feeds *should* continue to work after the move (fingers crossed!)
** Edited to add: Further testing showed that this may well be a big fat lie!! It worked in the first round of testing, but not in the second… I told you I was not to be trusted…!
- I will put the new subscribe button prominantly in position and remind you to update after the move, regardless
- The move *should* bring you along and you should see no change
** Edited to add: Errrmmm… this may also be a lie…
- As with the above, I suggest that you ‘Follow’ using the button in the navigation bar up at the top so that you are following the correct site address
Fingers crossed that the movers don’t leave behind the good champagne glasses or (god forbid!) squash a gorgeous pair of shoes in the moving frenzy…
I am imagining this for the move… *waves imperiously*