Étienne asked about the demographics of the folks who responded to the ‘How Much D/s’ question in my survey. The question was ‘how much D/s do you have now, and how much would you ideally like’.
Being the obliging and curious person that I am, I did indeed slice it a little further. Since submissive men and dominant women made up nearly 75% of the respondents, I decided to look at those more closely (click on the graph to see a bigger version).
As a reminder, the categories were described like this:
- “In the Bedroom” – as a spice to sex
- “Scenes” – may involve sex or not
- “Kinked-up Day to Day” – light play whenever, chores are part of the dynamic, big decisions are made on an equal basis
- “Not Quite Everything” – the dom is in charge of most things, but there are carve outs, like family relationships, job, children
- “Really Everything Total Power Exchange” – no exceptions to the dom’s authority
The percentage of Dommes who are gettin’ some is higher than male submissives with only 16% saying they had ‘none’ in their lives compared with 29% for malesubs.
It’s interesting that the same percentage of Dommes who have D/s in the bedroom want ‘not quite everything’ (22%). To me, it implies that they are getting something, but not what they want (that’s conjecture on my part, I did not investigate the overlap between the two groups).
It’s not surprising that many women are able to get their partners to play in the bedroom. As a dominant woman, it’s really not at all difficult to lead your man into playing D/s sex games, whether he is vanilla or not. The difficulty for submissive men in that regard is that they are generally not only asking their lover to play that way, they are asking her to take the *lead* in it… big call.
Then I got all ambitious and looked at the stats by age (oooh, pretty!). After that I was tired.